PDA

View Full Version : Greetings to one and all

Col
05-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Glad I found this site after searching around for ages. You chaps seem to know what you are talking about - as opposed to my local VW *********** - who have just had far too much of my hard earned for a new immobiliser. Now, since it has been fitted (a week ago today) the alarm keeps going off .They tell me that it is a totally unrelated fault. Well I never....... Funny that, 'cos I've had the car getting on for four years, done over 110,000 miles and the alarm has never gone off once. They said that the bonnet release/microswitch is faulty and for a measley £112 they will replace it for me. And for only another £79 they will have a look and see if any water has got inside and fouled the CCU under the passenger well. Aren't they kind???

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Happy for any assistance anyone can provide.

Cheers, Desperate of Staffs.

Col
05-10-2006, 11:13 PM
Glad I found this site after searching around for ages. You chaps seem to know what you are talking about - as opposed to my local VW *********** - who have just had far too much of my hard earned for a new immobiliser. Now, since it has been fitted (a week ago today) the alarm keeps going off .They tell me that it is a totally unrelated fault. Well I never....... Funny that, 'cos I've had the car getting on for four years, done over 110,000 miles and the alarm has never gone off once. They said that the bonnet release/microswitch is faulty and for a measley £112 they will replace it for me. And for only another £79 they will have a look and see if any water has got inside and fouled the CCU under the passenger well. Aren't they kind???

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Happy for any assistance anyone can provide.

Cheers, Desperate of Staffs.
Hmmmm..... is this as good as I was lead to believe?

mrtenpercent
07-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Hi Col

Read your post, and sorry I can't help with the problem. I joined the site some time ago and posted a problem on the newbie community. Guess what, no response until today (cheers adamss). I think maybe you should try posting it where people are more likely to read it.

10%