PDA

View Full Version : MFD constant pinging

vallers
27-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I think this has just started happening.. I have a 6 month old GTI, and have just driven through France. Every time (I think ..) that I go over 90mph it goes 'ping ping ping' It also seems to do this at various other random times, but so freqently that it's driving me mad! There are no messages appearing on the MFD when it pings, everything is topped up and it all appears to be working perfectly. I have set no speed warnings or anything. It is a 'softer' ping than the seatbelt warning. It's not the low temp warning, it was doing it at all temps.
I really hope someone knows the answer!
Thank you very much
John

Wazza_G
27-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Have you checked the maximum speed warning setting?

If you were set it to 80mph then exceed it, it will ping ping ping until you equal it or are less than 80mph.

You need to read the manual on how to set it up & or remove it.

HTH.

richwig83
28-12-2007, 01:40 AM
Have you checked the maximum speed warning setting?

If you were set it to 80mph then exceed it, it will ping ping ping until you equal it or are less than 80mph.

You need to read the manual on how to set it up & or remove it.

HTH.

Nah it wont be that because that does display a visual warning too!

Must be faulty...

vallers
28-12-2007, 09:35 AM
no visual warning, no speed set ... must be faulty, bu**er

Ben
28-12-2007, 10:11 PM
is it an internal beep or does it come out the speakers i.e volume controlled?

vallers
29-12-2007, 10:55 AM
pretty sure that it's internal, volume doesn't vary.. any ideas?

thanks

John

Frelon
30-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Hi

I suspect it is your MFD system telling you that you have exceeded the speed for your "Winter Tyres"

You can reset this in the MFD setup menu.

I have mine in France set to warn me at 90 KPH (because that is the speed limit or rural roads) and there are many more radar traps here now!

Good luck.

Frelon
30-12-2007, 06:42 PM
Forgot to say that you can also set another warning for a lower speed (say 50 KPH or 30 MPH). BUT you do get a visual warning on the MFD that you have exceeded the speed setting.
That explains all of your constant pinging. It drives my passengers wild! But it me who gets the speeding fines!