PDA

View Full Version : Vento Temp

Phat_vento
27-12-2007, 11:40 AM
got a vento 1.8gl recently bought and have just been wondering how warm it should be running cos mine runs just above half way all the time all my other cars never run that hot is this normal??

wayne4776@hotma
27-12-2007, 10:33 PM
yeah, should be bang on half way on the gauge,if in you,re not sure ,put a new stat in,they are only a few quid.

ruaridh
30-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Hi folks.
I bought an old vento a few weeks ago,K reg.
It has a broken heater switch on dash and it's fairly cold at the mo!
I've been looking for the heater tap in the engine but can't find it. Can anyone say what would I be looking to see?
Any help really appreciated. I only tinker with cars, i'm not very good y'see....

R.

Phat_vento
16-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Right tested the stat thats fine, coolant is going through system fine there was a small leak in a flange going back into the block from the heater matrix so i replaced that, realised what my problem is the fan doesn't kick in it does sometimes, the fan works and my temp readings only run a little hot just over half, checked the connections to the fan there good and the fan does kick in but very very rarely, i was thinking it might be the coolant temp sensor which if my resources are correct that then goes to0 the 2/3 stage switch now mines only a 1.8 so im guessing it only has the 2 stage switch unless anyone knows different, iff poss does anyone know where the coolant temp sensor is been told its in the header tank or the rad, i cant see it in the header tank so im guessing in the rad but cant see where! any help would be brill!!