PDA

View Full Version : How to Find if i have K jet or a Digifant golf GTI

Zelf1
26-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Hi guys iv'e had my MK2 Golf GTI for a couple of months and till now have been driving my other car. I'm still learning all the in's and out's of the car and now i have sold my other car i want to spend all the money on my Golf. Iv'e been looking around trying to find out if my Golf is a K jet or a Digifant golf. My Golf GTI 8v is from the beggining of 1987 and from what i've read i have found out that my car is bang in the middle of the change over from K jet to Digifant. I kinda know what the difference is but don't want to order some of the service parts until i definatley know what my Golf is. I know there are 2 different letters at the beggining of the engine code that indicate which series the car is but im not sure where to look for it. Also from what i can see i have 4 seperate braided hoses coming from a part on the top on the air filter box and into the head of the engine and from what iv'e read i'm thinking its a K Jet series but if anyone could help me out id be really grateful. thanks.

Crasher
26-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Hello and welcome. The braided fuel lines indicate you have an EV engine which is K-Jet and the Digifant would be PB where the air box has no fuel lines coming from it, as in the pic.

Zelf1
26-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Ahright cheers mate, i thought it might be but i just wanted to be sure. That picture cleared it all up for me thanks agin.