PDA

View Full Version : R32 2006 DSG not selecting CANT CODE keys.CAR at VW about to get RIPPED

ukheman
24-12-2007, 10:45 AM
I have an R32 DSG 2006 5 DOOR. Which was recently written off.

the car was hit by a flash flood and the water was just over the sills.
The plonkers at Zurich kept the keys which were then lost
and over the past 5 months before they decided what to do with it the car was stood still... doors closed
hence the car was full of humidity.
weve dried the car out and checked over the engine all seems okay touch wood
apart from the esp module and the nokia module which were sitting on the footwell so they were trashed. looking at the convience module fuses relays all seemed okay. so we decided to power the car back up.
by ordering a couple of flips from VW. All seemed okay when re connecting the battery all electrics work. electric seats,heater,sunroof,lights,sat nav. all pretty low laying units. all aprt from wipers.
didnt think it would much of an issue so booked it in to VW for coding in the keys. had wipers go down on me on my last golf which was just a relay replacement.
at VW is where the problem started.
they tell me they cant key in the immobiliser
errors so for .
steering wheel control unit J527
convience module . J393
data bus J533
Onboard supply control unit J519
the tech guy there crapped it and said he wanted every module of the car
even though he must have spend 5 mins on it
suprised to think its the convience module but anyway managed to find a lad who is breaking a 2007 r32. but cant find this J533.?? any ideas....
when you turn on the ignition the dash says immobiliser activited
then the auto box flashed in the middle of the dash pod.i cant take the key out unless i disconnect the battery. cant select gears and have to press the clip on the dsg box to get the tranny to select N. i also managed to grab the DSG mechanism selector inc pcb board.looking where is fits i wouldnt be suprised if this wasnt water damaged as it comes out from under the car and isnt very high up. so looking from top down as we did could only see the top of the orginal PCB also got the entire steering rack inc wheel with paddles and also dash clocks.
im thinking to remove the car from VW and refit all the modules myself then take it back for recoding. ? not seen the error code list. But i would really appreciate any pointers. especially of the steering wheel control unit has any effect on the DSG selector. PS
rang VW tech service and got 2 different stories. got told that even if i have a key unless its coded to the car doesnt matter if i turn the key over i will never be able to select a gear, second response was its a tranny issue. Thanks Guys n Girls.BUT please help. ive got that sinking feeling....