PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Noise

StuartTKD
03-10-2006, 10:09 PM
Hi everyone,
I have a A4 tdi 2003. Now the car has done only 20.000miles. What I am hearing now is a noise coming from the Turbo when I take my foot off the accelerator. It was not there a week ago so something tells me there is a problem !
It sound like a very mild version of a dump valve been fitted if you know what I mean.
Sounds kind of like a gasket blown.
Hope anyone can help..:Blush:

Thankyou
Stuart

adamss24
10-10-2006, 08:28 AM
Could be a leaky intercooler pipe, its the car still pulling as it should or its slow and non responsive(aka LIMP MODE!) ? Check the jubilee clips for tightness onto the hard pipes and also look for splits in the rubber hoses, as they prone to crack and may give the same simptoms. Also have the car scaned for fault codes by a garage or a friend with a Vag-Com. Let us know the outcome. Also let us know more about your motor: engine code, power, size, as each model/engine has its own weak points. Good luck.

StuartTKD
10-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Adam
Thankyou for your help. My Audi is a 1.9TDI 130bhp. I just handed it down to the dealer today as luckily I still have some warranty left. The car pulls fine and slows down without any problem on engine power. The Technician went out with me and said it's normal noise for this car. Something to do with the gases he said. Though is having a look. Thing is when getting in there courtesy car which was a 130TDI also, I though this will do it also. It never did. Silent ! So not convinced now :(

will keep you posted.