PDA

View Full Version : VW Polo 1.9 Tdi Gear Box Problems

Boz
23-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Hello

I am new to the forum & only found the site during my search to get answers to my questions.

I have today returned my 2nd new Polo to the dealership (2 cars in 2 months!) - it's a bit of a story.... I can give details, but right now I am curious to find out if anyone has known of problems like I have encountered with both cars.

Reverse gear cannot be selected, whether or not the engine is running. All forward gears can be selected.

With the first car the clutch was replaced & when that didn't work, the gear box was changed.

When the breakdown people turned out to the second car they said it felt like the gear box had imploded.

I am just at a loss. How could I have two cars with the same problems? I have more chance of winning the lottery.

Is there anything I could have done to affect the gearbox?:1zhelp:

Boz
28-12-2007, 06:55 PM
VW have admitted there is a problem with the 1.9 tdi gear boxes that also go in to the Golf's. So there is nothing I have done wrong:D

However, I am very wary now to use reverse gear - not easy in my job!:confused:

The dealership carried out a repair to get me back on the road & I managed one reverse on to my drive way then a three point turn & hey ho on a straight reverse there it went again - no access to reverse gear.

So now I am awaiting delivery of another new gear box.

They are keeping me away from the guys in the service department, so I have not yet been able to get the full details of what it is that has been going wrong, but it looks like there could be a few problems for anyone, should they use reverse gear alot.

golf tdi 02
04-01-2008, 03:15 PM
hello and welcome to the site if you post threads in the correct section you will get a much bigger responce ;);)
:beerchug::beerchug:

Boz
04-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Thank you for that tip, but I am a bit confused about which section / where I am, but I am new to this stuff & I am a woman - enough said!:D

If you can spare time to give me some guidance that would be great.

Thanks again.

Boz

hagis
04-01-2008, 07:18 PM
The Golf section or the general car topic will be your best bet Boz.

Boz
04-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Thank you. I will go there! :D