PDA

View Full Version : Interior lights problem

robby71
23-12-2007, 12:47 PM
Hope someone can help with this problem?

My interior lights work fine when switched on but they don't come on when the car is unlocked or when the doors are opened (the footwell lights do though)

As its a problem with both doors i can't imagine it being a door switch fault - is there something else to look for?

Thanks

kenney
23-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Hi I have experianced this problem once and the onboard supply control unit was the fault.But the first thing you need to check is the interior light itself

robby71
23-12-2007, 03:25 PM
The light works fine if it's switched on and the footwell light come on when the doors are opened

what do you mean by checking the interior light?

cheers

kenney
23-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Hi When you switch on the light, that is one function, but when the switch is on doors open, that is another function.It can work on the one and not on the other.If you can get the loan of an interior light and swap them,you can check it that way.The fact that the footwell lights work suggests the micro switches in the door locks, which activate the interior light, are ok.

80sport
25-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Any luck? Looks like my Audi 80 has a similar problem - checked all the door switches and they seem OK. The light comes on when I slide the switch to "on" but doesn't come on when I slide it to "door" position and open a door...

robby71
26-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Haven't managed to find a new light unit (sunroof model) to try yet - if you manage to try 1st please let me know :)