PDA

View Full Version : Milltek exhaust on TDI

Dj_Ghost
22-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Few weeks ago I went to one of the garages to get an exhaust but I been told that putting an exhaust on a TDI car it's pointless because there wont be a difference because it's a diesel car. They told be to get a petrol car and then come back. Is either they being so nice or they just didn't like me.
Does anyone got a milltek or any other exhaust of their TDI cars and how does it sounds like?

M53494
01-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Your garage is talking utter rubbish!

Why on earth would you want a slower, less torque, far less MPG petrol Golf?

I have a Milltek full system on my 150 diesel. It is the 'silenced' (Non 'boy racer') version, but they do make a louder one. The CAT is not required on a diesel for the MOT (Unlike a petrol) so that can go. The loss of the CAT and bigger bore makes for a 'less obstructed' flow to get the gasses out of the back and therefore the engine can work harder at moving the car and less at moving the gasses!

I was advised to replace the torque arm bushes with harder compound ones, but I soon replaced them with VW ones again. They were far too hard and caused a lot of vibration... not good!

If you go for a 4 Motion type cut out rear valance, beware that there is a bit of angle grinding/cutting required to one of the brackets to get it to fit. Not a 'straight swap' those selling them oftern claim!

Stick to a Milltek system, they really are top quality.

I got all my kit from these very helpfull chaps + chapesses! http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/vw%20golfmk4/styling.html