PDA

View Full Version : M reg Golf Radio Loom

chompy
22-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Hi There,

My friends Mum has recently bought a M reg Golf and been screwed over from the seller for the radio, they were trying to get £100 extra for ther radio.

anyways, theyve removed the cd player that was in the car before it got sold and we are trying to connect up one to it. problem is there the cables in the back have been cut up and we cant seem to find a wiring diagram for each of the cables.

Dont suppose anyone on here knows the wiring diagram?

On the black module:
one cable is red and white,
another is brown which i guess is ground.
one is blue with a thin white line and the other is a browny orange i think! it was dark when i looked.

also there is a orange module which i guess is for something else to do with the radio. initally i thought it was for a inline control but there doesnt seem to be one on this model! :S

any help is appriciated guys! thanks!

23-12-2007, 07:49 AM
dont quote me on this but had a look at my wiring diagram and i aint no expert but mine reads
red and white constant live from fuse / relay box
brown and red from ignition swictch
the black wire on the box is your areil booster
brown is to earth
i have all the colours for the speakers as well but this is original wiring and as your golf is 13 years old it may have been messed with before as well
i hope im right, there are some very helpful and knowledgeable people on here so they may correct me if im wrong hope this helps
sticky:Blush2:

23-12-2007, 08:37 AM
seeing as i have some time on my hands
brown and red , blue and green =speaker right hand rear
black and white, brown and blue = speaker left hand front
red and white ,brown and white = speaker right hand front
brown and black, red and green =speaker left hand rear
also metions two other wires
white and yellow
green and blue these are not for speakers not really sure what there for
hope this helps

chompy
23-12-2007, 01:32 PM
awesome guys! many thanks! i'll have a gander at them all again and keep you all posted!

Sticky are those wiring set ups for the orange module? as there is a black one and a orange one in the car, the black has 4 wires and the orange has 8 i think.

thanks again guys!

23-12-2007, 01:50 PM
no idea
can give you a nice recipe for chilli con carne, i only have basic wire up diagram somebody else maybe able to help??????
good luck:confused:

edaresek
18-01-2009, 07:05 PM
I just had the same problem, ignition and losing presets bla bla.(....he says a few months later). I bought a new pioneer head unit. and fixed it myself!

APPARENTLY (i can only speak for pioneer units)most new units will come with an adapter that plugs in between the car's audio sockets and the radio itself.

Manufacturers have noticed the problem and so, ON THAT ADAPTER they have provided customers with the option to switch the ignition and fuse cables around without playing with bullet plugs and whatever deeper down in your dashboard...

For any Pioneer unit once you have set it all up and your radio has power and provides sound, switch off your ignition and switch the red cable and the yellow cable.

After you do this you should have red leading into yellow, and yellow leading into red (in the direction going 'towards' the radio and 'away' from the dashboard.

I would assume that other brands follow the same colour scheme but always check!