PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Mountings - Help

rtdc
22-12-2007, 01:40 PM
’95 A6 2.8 Quattro
Hi All
I have big trouble. I tried to get the rubber mountings off my fuel line but could not work out how they were attached, now I have two fuel leaks. If you go to the link below you will find pictures of what I am trying to get off and if your interested an mpg of the car.

http://robsmodelmuseum.co.uk/Gallery/Audi/ (http://robsmodelmuseum.co.uk/Gallery/Audi/)

Can anyone please tell me how to get these dam mountings off?

I have got hold of some steel 9.5 mm tubing to replace the return and charcoal pipes which should do the job tidy. I have had a scrap at the main fuel line and it seems OK but if it isn’t well then alas there will be one less A6 in the world.

I don’t want to loose this car yet I’ve only had two weeks! I must say I am not impressed with Audi build quality, I know its old but I have never had a fuel line fail through rust before and I’ve had some real old bangers in my time.

At the moment it is booked into my local garage after Xmas but to be honest I think they will bugger the job and break the main line.

Audi want nearly a grand to do it as they say it will take at least a day and my local to be honest I haven’t asked.

Help.
:1zhelp:

paul b
22-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Hi
I would not be able to advise you on your problem as I have only worked on the newer shape A6 1997 onwards. But as for the build quality statement, I do know the diesels are far more reliable. Audi just seem to have mastered them, because before I had Merc diesels, then I got my A6 and realised what I had been missing all along.
Paul

rtdc
22-12-2007, 11:15 PM
I wish to God I'd never set eyes on this f***ing Audi, I will NEVER have another one.
:mad:

rtdc
24-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Fixed it.

Cut the return pipe front and rear and ran some hose between, bit of bodge but its stopped leaking.

Niall76
24-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Good work fella, now get out there and horse it - you'll start loving it then.

rtdc
24-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Just did that to test it, dam it don't half shift and sticks like s**t to a blanket. Now I remember why I bought it.
:biglaugh:

paul b
24-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Nice one. Enjoy!
Merry xmas
Paul