PDA

View Full Version : Water coming in!!!

njwnat
02-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Has anyone else encountered problems with foot wells filling with water?

I had a problem in an old golf but didn't expect it from my 2002 polo 1.2!!

I took it back to the dealer when my passenger foot well filled with water and they said it was a problem with the seals and fixed it under warranty - the warranty is about to run out and i have just noticed that in the last batch of rain my passenger side rear foot well is full of water?

Before i go back to the dealer i would like to be armed with as much information as possible

Boardboy
05-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Hi njwnat
I'm not sure if VW have changed the design on later cars but the membrane under the door trim usually lets water leak in to the car. If there is a big gap between the glass and blade seal alot of water will find its way inside the door and if the membrane is damaged water will get in that way. Sit inside the car and get someone to pour water on the glass outside and see if it comes in to the car. If it does I am sure its the membrane.
Regards Boardboy.

njwnat
06-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Thanks for that....i now have a plan for the weekend ;-)

I always feel better knowing that i know what i am talking about when i go to a garage....they've fived the problem in the front already! They WILL fix this before the warrenty runs out! :-)

Thanks again

MattX
06-10-2006, 07:13 PM
I've had this problem on two Audi 80's too. It seems to come in infront of the door as it comes through the glovebox, reaching up inside it appears to becoming from above the air vents, can't find the source of the problem though and 'cos its an older car I want to fix it myself (less cost!), any ideas anyone?

Matt.

Sam
08-10-2006, 12:16 PM
A search on this website should yield numerous posts about this subject.

Water ingress is very common on VAG cars.