PDA

View Full Version : Golf Mk3 Cutting Out

DONNIDAVE1
21-12-2007, 01:12 AM
I Have A 95 2.0 8v Gti, Which Keeps Cutting Out In No Perciffic Order. Ive Had The Throttle Body Cleaned And A New Relay Put On (cant Remember Which Relay Though), It Has Also Had Been Plugged Into The Computer Which Cant Find Any Fault. When It Happens The Revs Drop Quickly And The Oil Light Flashes, Sometimes It Will Fire Before I Stop And Other Times I Have To Pull Over And Wait For A Few Mins Before It Will Start, Can Anyone Help Me?

rusthater
23-12-2007, 03:27 PM
hi had same prob with mine google search found another trillion happy vw owners with same problem turns out could be 1 or several of dozens of possible faults having the vw dealership etc take a look seems to just add to the bill with no 100% fix all very frustrating expensive and time consuming im seriously considering junking all the electronic injection crap and swapping in a carb and dizzy from earlier model ridding myself of any future grief (if it will fit wich is why i came here to post and find out) iv both here and the carb job seems to go better even with less cc

good luck sorting your problem but the way i see it fixing it only postpones the next problem