PDA

View Full Version : Caravelle Sat Nav

k999dun
01-10-2006, 05:11 PM
:Blush: Hi anybody out there got a Caravelle? :1zhelp: Just bought mine and the Sat Nav manual is wrong, its for the MFD2 dvd version - mine is older pre may 2005 MFD cd based . Can anyone advise where i ca get one, Benefield in Newcastle havent been able to supply, also the top rhs button for day/night illumination is broken Benfield say not under warranty:zx11: as Caravelle is 19 months old but can order a new unit for £2000!!!:confused:

stuart
01-10-2006, 05:45 PM
Hi

I would have thought the dealer could get you a manual for the SatNAv unit from VW.

As for the broken button, I was always under the impression that factory fit options were covered by the vehicle warranty, upto whatever that may be, ie 2 or 3 years. Unless damaged by the owner of course ;)

May be worth speaking to another dealer, or customer service at VAG

Stuart

k999dun
01-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Hi Stuart - yes you would think so but Benfields have been less than helpful on this THEY supplied the wrong one and the Sat Nav button was broken when THEY brought the Caravelle back after repairing the sliding door panel 'under warranty'!!! (when I opened the door the lock button was also lying on the floor!! Is this really the level of service / qulity of vehicle from a VW??

stuart
01-10-2006, 07:15 PM
May be worth a call to VW Customer Services then ;) If the dealer has caused damage, then they should put it back right...

Stuart

k999dun
01-10-2006, 11:32 PM
Thanks Stuart, will talk to dealer and VW - will let everyone know the outcome

k999dun
21-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Took my complaint to VW cust service. within 24 hrs dealer got in touch car collected repaired delivered back fully valeted inside and out!! service as we would expect

stuart
22-10-2006, 11:23 AM
Took my complaint to VW cust service. within 24 hrs dealer got in touch car collected repaired delivered back fully valeted inside and out!! service as we would expect

Good news;)