PDA

View Full Version : bob hicks

bob hicks
20-12-2007, 05:25 PM
can anyone help . 1998 transporter 2.5 tdi i am trying to get at the glow plugs to check them or change them if necessary . i have a small workshop manual and in it it says to remove bottem engine cover . remove 2 bolts on bonnet lock carrier . then unlock the lower panel assembly and take it out of its mountings . this is where i have come unstuck . What i am trying to do is to tilt the radiator forward to gain some room . does anyone have any ideas . thanks bob hicks

Crasher
20-12-2007, 05:31 PM
You have to unbolt the front end and it lifts forward on hinges.

WILLY
20-12-2007, 10:18 PM
hi bob look at my thread page 3, i think, it shows you how to remove panels and lift radiator forward, see pictures

t4jay
21-12-2007, 09:23 AM
can anyone help . 1998 transporter 2.5 tdi i am trying to get at the glow plugs to check them or change them if necessary . i have a small workshop manual and in it it says to remove bottem engine cover . remove 2 bolts on bonnet lock carrier . then unlock the lower panel assembly and take it out of its mountings . this is where i have come unstuck . What i am trying to do is to tilt the radiator forward to gain some room . does anyone have any ideas . thanks bob hicks

hi remove the bolts on the front panel assy lift and tilt the rad assy forward,look at the head assy and you will see 5 of them on the front of the head by the injectors,nice job to, <removed - you are required to ask permission to advertise> cheers jay

Diamond Hell
21-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Is it a long nose (Caravelle)? If it is then the rad does not swing out.

If it isn't then there are pics of how to swing out the rad here (http://busgoons.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=30&func=view&id=3637&catid=17#3637)

bob hicks
23-12-2007, 12:09 PM
hi thanks very much the only difference on mine is that the panel under headlights is all in one once the screws are removed you have to free the clips to front wings and then the rad lifts forward . thanks BOB.