PDA

View Full Version : Removing Golf GTI MK4 car seat

simplysierras
20-12-2007, 11:12 AM
All,

Managed to make a small tear in upholstry of driver seat. Found an excellent co called INTATRIM Telford who could fix, but needed seat removed. Spoke to VW Inchcape Telford who said remove 2 bolts at front of seat and remove plastic runner trims. Then slide back and out. No such luck. Stll seems something to be stopping it. Any advice?

Took it to VW who said they will charge me £40 to remove seat, £40 to put it back and £50 to reset system bacause of airbags. Total rip off merchants. Also is there a way to remove seat without having to reset system.

Thanks Simplysierras:1zhelp:

kenney
20-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Hi remove one of the battery terminals before you do any work on airbags this will prevent any faults being logged

simplysierras
20-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Cheers Kenny, any ideas on what I'm doing wrong in removing the seat? VW said remove just two nuts at front and plastic runners off. Still bloomin thing doesn't slide back and out.

kenney
20-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Hi in the center of the part which yu have loosened there is a plastic steering there are two lugs on it, you have to press in

simplysierras
20-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Cheers Kenny will check the two lugs out. Amazing how the dealership failed to tell me that one.:zx11: