PDA

View Full Version : What do you think they will do ?

jonthebarber
19-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Hi All .

Eos has been in for 5 weeks 3 days with leaking problems (18 months old) Have a loan car and a case number with vw customer service uk . Hopefully it will come to an end in the next day or so , What do you think i should push for from VW uk ? How do i handle the situation regarding this ?

Jon .

lesleystoddart
19-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Hi John

I suppose it really depends what you want out of it?

Are you talking about rejection? Know a poster on here who has just rejected his Eos successfully after nearly a year and got a full refund but it wasn't easy.

If you read back previous similar threads you'll see we rejected ours in July successfully but we had only had the car since March so was relatively easy. Other posters haven't had such an easy time of it.

Has the car leaked for a long time or is this a recent problem?

Lesley

jonthebarber
20-12-2007, 01:10 AM
Hi Les .

No ! I don`t want to reject the car ! What do you think i would/should get as a sweetner for the trouble i have had ? Who cage do i have to rattle so they listen to me ?

Jon

lesleystoddart
20-12-2007, 09:06 AM
Hi Jon

Difficult, because the dealer and VW will only be of the opinion that as long as they are fixing the car, and providing you with a courtesy car in the meantime, that is all that is required.

Having read lots of posts about leaky eoses, it does seem to be quite common for them to be away for weeks at a time.

Having dealt with VW HO myself, although they did support me in sorting things out with the dealer, I really got the feeling they couldn't force the dealer to do anything they didn't want to so if you are going to rattle anyone's cage I would go to the area manager of your dealership.

Eshrules
20-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Hi Les .

No ! I don`t want to reject the car ! What do you think i would/should get as a sweetner for the trouble i have had ? Who cage do i have to rattle so they listen to me ?

Jon

to be quite honest, if the dealer are making attempts to repair the vehicle and it comes back to you, perfect, usable and you're happy... why would you want anything else?

if you rattle cages in search of whatever 'sweeteners' you're after... i suspect you may actually find yourself in a worse position.... let them repair it and just rattle cages if you're still unhappy with the cage, but don't rattle them for the sake of it :beerchug:

jonthebarber
20-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Mmmmmm . Spot on replys ! I just wanted to sound you out on this , as not to get fobbed off .

Must admit i cannot wait to get her back as the loan car (Basic Polo) does not have the comforts like heated seats (Brrrrrrrrrrr) and a decent stereo (Nav) . On the plus side , with all the salt on the roads , i dont have to freeze my **** off washing it as i would do with the Eos !! :o

Cheers

Jon .

jonthebarber
20-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Been down there today . They have now lent me a almost new black tourag V6 diesel MONSTER !!! With all the bits n pieces . Got it until after new year , Hope they forget !!!

jonthebarber
24-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Well Eos retuned today . Nearly 11 weeks . All is fine ....... so far . :D

RickT
24-01-2008, 10:14 PM

After 11 Weeks i would be looking for some sort of compensation from them for your troubles, yes they lent you a car, but thats not what you paid for..

I would at least write a letter to the dealer direct requesting that the next service is free of charge as a gesture of good will.

Rick

jonthebarber
24-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Funny you should say that Rick , whilst it was in the service light came on and they did a longlife service F.O.C so result in that dept . :approve:

jonthebarber
31-01-2008, 10:34 PM
P***ed down with rain last night/day ...... Water tight ! Vw uk been on the phone with a offer of £200 credit note to spend at the dealer on what ever we wish (parts etc) .

So to sum up . They did take 10 weeks to sort the car out :( but they would not let me take it until they were happy :approve: They did lend us a new Polo (basic) for 5 weeks then they lent us a new Tour-rag v6 diesel (Not basic !!) for the last 5 weeks .
They serviced (longlife) for free , free touch up paint and £200 to boot .
So to conclude my first time with Vw ........ The boys did well :beerchug:

Jon .

Peter's Eos
24-06-2008, 09:54 AM

After 10 weeks ???,you only wanted roof leaks fixed; how in this day and age can a car company take 10 weeks to fix a problem unbelievable:zx11:.

jonthebarber
24-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Mmmm Fair point Pete . But in there defence it was over Christmas time , they worked 46 hours on it (Showed me the job card) but could not cure it so a geezer from Germany came over , but he had a 2 week backlog so it made it drag on .

colb666
24-06-2008, 08:14 PM
I'd be happy enough if they'd given me a Toureg to use while they had my car,11 weeks free upgrade car and no mileage on my own would be a pretty good deal in my opinion