PDA

View Full Version : Polo TDI Turbo Failure

Dupz
19-12-2007, 07:09 PM
I was wondering if anyone could advise me with the problems i have been experiencing with my polo tdi 96kw(130ps), i bought the car in early '07 with 39000km(24375miles). im now on 60000km(37500mi) and have had endless problems, the turbo blew on 60000km , the windscreen wipers would not turn off( replaces the whole central computer of thr car) then the indicators also stoped working( again a new central computer), and the newest edition to this list is the clutch needed to be replaced! all the above cost me huge amounts of money, and a lot of time with no car?? im no street racer eather so i dont see how my driving would influence the above(cos im sure that's what it looks like)
is anyone else experiencing these types of problems????
Please help!!!!

mgg
24-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Turbos, especially diesels, require 30 seconds of idling after each trip. The bearings are oil cooled, and you need to supply oil while the turbo cools down at idle. Otherwise overheated oil begins to block the turbo bearing supply. If the clutch has gone this quickly it sounds like a previous owner was a bit of an idiot. I would give the car a second midlife run-in - exactly the same as original 1000 mile run in. Then Slick 50 the engine and gearbox (available from Halfords).

I gather VW changed electrical suppliers to SEAT suppliers several years ago. Unfortunately i can only recommend fix each problem as it occurs. Hopefully the car will run out of manufacturing quality control defects. Are you sure the windscreen wiper fix did not initiate the indicator fix? Was it done by VW?