PDA

View Full Version : Lost Key - Cursed?

james_tiger_woo
19-12-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm cursed.

I've dropped off my Passat to get the wheels, suspension and heated seats switches checked - did it last night and got me a Golf 2.0TDi as a courtesy car (yay!)

Dealer calls me this morning asking if I've got the key and if I'm sure that I left it - of course I did....

Dealer calls me back (twice as I was on the phone) and tells me that they've had a breakin and my car key is missing :mad: - Without needing to get annoyed, they tell me that they'll be replacing the locks and keys - but I need to come in with my key so they can move it into the workshop.

I'm not amused, it's been scratched and I've had a speeding ticket - I'm having such a bad car year (My Leon was cursed properly!)

**Shakes head**

The dealer, on the other hand, is being good about it. So far......

mluton
19-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Hope you get all this sorted.

Chin up its xmas..........................booze time.

bora(ing) nick
19-12-2007, 01:24 PM
you have been unlucky....

At leaset they are replacing all the locks...

Hope the new years brings better car ownership

Nick

james_tiger_woo
19-12-2007, 03:55 PM
It looks like the locks will be done tommorrow but the rest will be done in due course.

I've got to take the spare key over this evening so they can lock it in their workshop in case it gets nicked..... (Who's insurance would that be on anyway????)

bora(ing) nick
19-12-2007, 05:23 PM
It's in their possession..... so to me theirs... (as will the locks)

Nick

james_tiger_woo
19-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Spare key's now with the dealer and they're very embarassed :-)

And 3 wheels will be replaced under warranty - at least I've a nice courtesy car !

domestos
19-12-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm cursed.

I'm not amused, it's been scratched and I've had a speeding ticket - I'm having such a bad car year (My Leon was cursed properly!)

**Shakes head**

You're lucky to get it back if it has been nicked from the garage...

How did you get a speeding ticket overnight?

Regards to insurance, it will still be your insurance that covers the theft of the car, however insurances will not cover cars that have been stolen with the key due to negligence on the driver. As you are not the driver in this instance, I would press VW very hard for everything you can get claiming that none of it existed before you gave them the car...

Basically you will have them over a barrell, because you will be well within your rights to sue them personal loss through negligence...

Keys should be locked away in a secure location overnight!!!!

Quatrelle
19-12-2007, 10:18 PM
.....And 3 wheels will be replaced under warranty .....Did I miss something? What's wrong with the wheels?

james_tiger_woo
20-12-2007, 09:06 AM
Fortunately it's not been nicked, just the key.

I got a ticket a couple of weeks back - one week after I got my new Passat :(

And the key was locked away - they just stole the safe it was in Lol - they were somewhat shame faced I can tell you :)

james_tiger_woo
20-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Did I miss something? What's wrong with the wheels?

3 of them are slightly corroded - I didn't even notice them to be honest, the salesman did and apologised too :)

Quatrelle
20-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Didn't take long for them to corrode! This forum is a bit like reading a medical dictionary - when you've finished reading it you think you've got every illness under the sun.

I shall now be checking my wheels for corrosion, listening for a creaking steering rack, noisy front suspension bushes....

james_tiger_woo
21-12-2007, 07:17 PM
All 4 wheels have been replaced and the scratches have been cleaned up nicely too :-)

The lock's not been done yet, but they've recoded the key until the new lock comes in...