PDA

View Full Version : abs light has come on, due to this mot has failed

avantiblue
18-12-2007, 02:48 PM
my abs light has come on, only after fitting a new set of brakes, so i dont know if this is due to the new brakes or just coincedental. Does anyone know how to check with a handheld scanner or machine that i can buy, as the local garages want £50 just to check, which i think is a rip off.

kenney
18-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Hi There is a possibilaty thet you have disturbed the wiring or connectors for the abs sensors,check these,but you are going to need dignose equipent to erase the fault anyway.

lonky
18-12-2007, 05:09 PM
my abs light has come on, only after fitting a new set of brakes, so i dont know if this is due to the new brakes or just coincedental. Does anyone know how to check with a handheld scanner or machine that i can buy, as the local garages want £50 just to check, which i think is a rip off.

vag-
com freeware version will check this fault and enable you to check which wheel sensor is faulty.

My lead was £15 of ebay

SRA4
18-12-2007, 05:22 PM
hI
sOUNDS LIKE ONE OF THE WIRES HAS BEEN DISTURBED TO ME TOO. i'D CHECK THE CONNECTIONS FROM THE BRAKE WEAR SENSOR IF YOUR SAYING THE BRAKES HAVE JUST BEEN DONE.
tHE WIRING LOOM FOR YOUR abs IS ALL PART OF THAT SAME LOOM.
i'VE JUST REPLACED THE ABS SENSOR ON MINE, LIGHT WAS ON, REPLACED SENSOR , PROB TOOK ABOUT 20-30MINS AT MOST, LIGHT NOW GONE OUT.
£25 QUID DELIVERED FOR O.E. ITEM FROM EBAY

STEVE

avantiblue
19-12-2007, 10:30 AM
where can i buy the vag-com lead to check faults?

Eshrules
19-12-2007, 10:31 AM
where can i buy the vag-com lead to check faults?

;)

drop me a pm or email and i'll sort you out.... if you get a wriggle on, you could well have it for xmas :Blush: