PDA

View Full Version : speaker flutter

Nik R
18-12-2007, 02:09 PM
i've just brought a 2006 RS4 saloon with an optional dealer fitted i pod connection. i've noticed a fluttering/interference from the off side rear door speaker, which my local (sheffield) dealer can't fix. they contacted audi who said it was common to the vehicle type, and it was therefore tough. needless to say, i told them that i wasn't satisfied and i am awaiting further correspondence. iam not, however, holding my breath as it sounds like a cop out.

Eclipse car Audio
19-12-2007, 08:02 AM
Do you get the interference only from the Ipod or from all sources and is it all the time or only when driving (going over bumps, turning corners etc)?

Nik R
21-12-2007, 01:18 PM
the sound is detectable with all sources, most notably with no input but unit on, or with satnav alone. it's also fairly constant so will occur if car is stationary or moving. the garage technician thought it may be some sort of feedback. the speaker has been replaced to no effect.

markle
25-12-2007, 04:56 PM
Not based on any Audi audio experience, but on an electronics background, and that you have eliminated the speaker as the cause, the common denominator here seems to be the amp. Either pre amp in the main unit or the power amp. Both likely having seperate outputs for speakers.

If this is common, I cannot believe Audi would allow this to be acceptable, not only Audi but on one of their flagship models!

Have you asked to check a in another equivalent RS4? I know they can be difficult to get your hands on for testing!

The feedback conclusion sounds a bit suspect too as feed back is when sound input receives input from output, think of an electric guitar when placed near the speaker or a microphone when the volume is too high or when too close to a speaker. So unless you've opted for a non advertised Karoke version with microphone to sing along with or have tried plugging in your electric guitar, the feedback conclusion doesn't make sense.

Nik R
08-01-2008, 06:19 PM
run the amp possibilities past audi customer services, and they take my commoents/complaint very seriously and are investigating......