PDA

View Full Version : new alloys for my SEL

crox
18-12-2007, 11:53 AM
When I ordered my SEL Estate, I ordered the Sports Pack, with the Monte Carlo wheels. I now realise that my car looks like a Sport model!

I have had a look at the VW site, and I can get Akiros wheels for £200 plus fitting. Does anyone have these on their car, do they look good?

I am also looking at getting the telescopic umbrella, just because, and the semi-rigid load liner, but the costs slightly scares me. Is there anyone with good VW discounts that might be able to help?

james_tiger_woo
18-12-2007, 02:30 PM
I'll swap you my Std SE Wheels :-)

(Sorry!)

crox
18-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Well, my Monte Carlo wheels might be up for sale soon if you are interested! PM me.

james_tiger_woo
18-12-2007, 07:50 PM
What do monte carlo wheels look like? And I will :)

Quatrelle
18-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Until Crox (hiya Crox, how's it going?) comes up with a picture, they're 5 flat spokes if my memory serves.

VwAdy
18-12-2007, 10:36 PM
What do monte carlo wheels look like? And I will :)

carlo wheels look like this:D
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t119/adyseries/new_passat_estate_sport_exterior_1.jpg

akiros wheels are..
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t119/adyseries/akiros.jpg

personally the monte carlo look better and I find easy to clean..:biglaugh:

goto this site and you can build your car showing different wheels...
http://www.vw.com/vwfeatures/passat/en/us/

james_tiger_woo
18-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Nice :)

I'm very interested :)

Stuart W
19-12-2007, 05:33 AM
personally the monte carlo look better and I find easy to clean..:biglaugh:

I'd prefer the big-spoked alloys (standard on Sport, I think) rather than the smaller-spoked ones or the more intricate ones on the dearer models, because they look better and are a lot easier to keep clean.

I have the standard SE alloys with seven-spokes (can't remember the name), which look good but are quite difficult to keep clean, but the more intricate designs must be a nightmare.

james_tiger_woo
19-12-2007, 09:22 AM
I am intrigued as to what they'll do to the ride on my Passat as it's an SE...

VwAdy
19-12-2007, 05:57 PM
I am intrigued as to what they'll do to the ride on my Passat as it's an SE...

The sport sits a few cms lower than the SE and a much wider profile..so they might not look right under the arches and may tramline a bit..I got a 1.9 tds but looks like a sport as I choose the sport package:D which comes with monte wheels..sport lower suspension..darken glass from b pillar back..fog lights..bumper sensors...only thing different is that chrome window strips and chrome inserts on doors..but I pref the black as I think the chrome look tacky on the sport :Blush:esp on black colour cars...

Zackie
19-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Just picked up my SEL Estate with Sport Pack today - I love the Monte Carlo wheels! Prefer them to the 18" Monza 2's I had on my Golf GTI!

Wouldn't have thought the Monte Carlo wheels would affect the ride significantly on an SE - unless they are 18's.

Try www.uk-mkivs.net for a number of people offering partsw at discount. I used the site a lot in the last few years (had 3 x VW Golfs!) and never paid full whack for parts. Normally, if you can provide a part no someone will be able to help.

VwAdy
19-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Just picked up my SEL Estate with Sport Pack today - I love the Monte Carlo wheels! Prefer them to the 18" Monza 2's I had on my Golf GTI!

Wouldn't have thought the Monte Carlo wheels would affect the ride significantly on an SE - unless they are 18's.

Try www.uk-mkivs.net (http://www.uk-mkivs.net) for a number of people offering partsw at discount. I used the site a lot in the last few years (had 3 x VW Golfs!) and never paid full whack for parts. Normally, if you can provide a part no someone will be able to help.

Lucky git...:biglaugh: what is it... 170bhp...

Zackie
19-12-2007, 07:40 PM
170 DSG in Steel Grey. Really like it - was sore at having to grow up and trade-in the Golf, but am well-happy now. That said, I did get a parking ticket within 3 hours of collecting it! I did buy a ticket from the machine, but seemingly I used the wrong machine - ***?!

It was a stock car so didn't get the MF Steering Wheel I wanted - so I've bought an R36 MFSW off eBay and will get that fitted. Has gear paddles - can't wait!

That's the only mod I'm making, though - Mrs Z will be plenty annoyed if I spend the kiddies' milk money on the car!

Got 11% discount on the car so well happy - drove BMW 320D but would've had to spend about 7K extra to get the same spec - and gearbox still wouldn't have been as good as DSG!:D