PDA

View Full Version : Xenon Lamp Failure MKV GTI

bkmh
17-12-2007, 07:44 PM
can anyone with a mkv golf gti, tell me whether their factory fitted xenons lamps have a VW logo on them? i remember they did when i first saw the gti.

anyway, im now living in hong kong and bought myself a gti, however the front driver side xenon lamp keeps failing. it works fine when you start it up, but after a couple of bumps in the road, the headlight itself can be seen to readjust itself and then it goes off completely!

i have to take the key out of the ignition, lock the car, wait 10 minutes, and restart the car before the light comes back on!

what makes it worse, in hong kong, they only give 2 years warranty...and guess what? its run out....

so anyone have any ideas how to sort this problem, please let me know!

duskywheelie
19-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Don't know about the xenon lamp failure but do know that the xenon lights never had the VW logo, it was only ever on the standard lights

convert2xenon
31-03-2008, 05:39 PM
try to swap over ballast (iginters) to see where the problem is. If bulbs fails - buy two new bulbs (around £30), if igniter - buy one for £30.

can anyone with a mkv golf gti, tell me whether their factory fitted xenons lamps have a VW logo on them? i remember they did when i first saw the gti.

anyway, im now living in hong kong and bought myself a gti, however the front driver side xenon lamp keeps failing. it works fine when you start it up, but after a couple of bumps in the road, the headlight itself can be seen to readjust itself and then it goes off completely!

i have to take the key out of the ignition, lock the car, wait 10 minutes, and restart the car before the light comes back on!

what makes it worse, in hong kong, they only give 2 years warranty...and guess what? its run out....

so anyone have any ideas how to sort this problem, please let me know!

king8482
31-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Hi, out of the subject totally but I really want to ask do they sell the Edition 30 GTI in HK?

convert2xenon
31-03-2008, 10:34 PM
They do everything

Hi, out of the subject totally but I really want to ask do they sell the Edition 30 GTI in HK?

bkmh
22-05-2008, 02:12 AM
try to swap over ballast (iginters) to see where the problem is. If bulbs fails - buy two new bulbs (around £30), if igniter - buy one for £30.
thanks convert2xenon, i will try that, lately the xenon was working fine; if it did go off i could switch the lights off and then on again without restarting the car, and it would work ok after a couple of tried.

however last night, it decided to pack itself in completely and now, the passenger wing mirror courtesy light is also not working! hope its just a fuse or the bulb, but having more problems with this car than i thought.