PDA

View Full Version : No glow plug(engine management?) lamp: T4,2.4d 2000 model

Black Angus
17-12-2007, 04:09 PM
It's been some months that my glow-plug lamp has been out. Being new to diesels, I willingly confess to total ignorance in this matter!
Does this indicate that the relay is defunct, bad wiring to glow-plugs, etc.?
Here in Norway, we've had a very warm winter until this week. Now the temp. has dropped, and the van won't start. The diesel filter is 7 months old. I drained it a bit in case there was water in it. Tried a squirt of WD40 in the intake manifold. The injectors seem to be good, as the engine has been absolutely smokeless in the year that I've owned it; a very good vehicle in my opinion. Any suggestions, reprimands,etc. would be welcome! I don't mind taking the public transport, but am rather fond of my new van! Thanks in advance.

Crasher
17-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Probably a faulty temperature sender but a fault code read would be the first step.

Black Angus
17-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply. Does this imply that the glow plugs may be functioning, without the indicator?

I'm a chef and spend my entire working life standing up. The recompense is paltry, so you're bang on there!

Cheers

Crasher
17-12-2007, 04:34 PM
No, the glow plugs won't be working if the light doesn’t come on IF the warning lamp system is working.