PDA

View Full Version : That's never happened before...

Col
17-12-2007, 01:37 AM
Was washing the car today very shortly before dark and was just in the process of micro-fibring off the water from the roof.

Did half the roof, which takes ages due to estates roof rails, walked round to do the other half and the water droplets started to freeze !

I had to give up !

Did the windows and sides ok.

I didn't think it was that cold, FFS I live in the Thames Valley which is renowned for milder weather than elsewhere.

xenon
17-12-2007, 11:12 AM
I was going to do some work on the car today but have decided that trying to fit screws into awkward places with numb fingers isn't going to be much fun! When it does warm up a bit it will be bloody raining again!:biglaugh:

JR001
14-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Happened to me too the other day. Always after the rinse stage. That's when it's definetely time to pack the kit away!

scottjay86
21-02-2008, 04:08 PM
I washed mine the other day at 5pm. Went out the next morning and the whole car was ice. Door locks frozen and everything

audipersempre
27-02-2008, 10:32 AM
I miss the huge double garage I used to have before divorce and poverty. Spent 5 to 6 hours on the car last Thursday only for it to start raining just as I finished then freeze overnight :(

loki
02-04-2008, 02:18 PM
I've had this, was washing a car at an old part time job I had and the spray on wax froze to the car in lumps - so I had to wash it all off!