PDA

View Full Version : audi coupe cold start ???

sox
16-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Hi all again,

I have a cold start problem with my 89' audi coupe quattro
its really difficult to start from cold and when i finally do get it going it runs rough for a few minutes.

I have checked all the pipes for splits and the cold start injector is working fine.i also bled the rad and changed the temp sender on the bottom of the rad.

its a 2.3i NG engine

Any ideas ??
rich

scotty33
17-12-2007, 12:54 AM
It sounds like you are not getting any cold enrichment, which could be a bad ECU temp sender. My guess is that it's the black 2 pin sender located at the top position on the water 'neck' coming out of the side of the head.

sox
18-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Thanks man

I'll change it and let you know

regards
rich

Minter
22-12-2007, 06:16 PM
I have the same issue so would also be interested to hear what fixes this.

sox
08-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Hi,

finally got round to sortin out a temp sender

replaced it but it made no difference with cold start

Any other ideas ??????

tar

rich :confused::confused::confused:

scotty33
08-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Sorry my advice did not work! if the exhaust fumes smell of petrol when it does get going, then it could be leaking injectors. There is a fuel accumulator on those cars, it is supposed to store a quantity of fuel, at pressure, ready for the next start, if the injectors leak, it gets dissipated and it may take some time for the fuel pump to refill the system.
You could pull the injectors out and stand them in jars overnight, see how much fuel dribbles out? It is likely the O ring seals would be ruined doing this, so I would get new ones ready beforehand.