PDA

View Full Version : A4 Avant B6 Boot Trim removal

TheMatador
15-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Just tried to remove the boot trim on my '53 A4 Avant to get at the wiper pipes. Bloomin' difficult! Took out the four screws near the bottom but then getting the clips off was a nightmare - you have to pull much harder than feels right. First one broke the plastic. One on passenger side was ok and gave me enough room to get my hand in with some adjustable grips to release the other four clips without pulling so hard. Still couldn't get the trim off though as there was something holding it near the top by the window.

Have abandoned it for now and put it all back together. Broken clip doesn't matter as the screws hold everything tight but its annoying to know its there.

Anyone got any hot tips on how to do this without breaking stuff??

nomoretears
16-12-2007, 02:54 PM
I had the same problem earlier on this year on my 02 A4 Avant when I was trying to replace the boot lock.

Once you have removed the screws and popped the catches you need to push the panel in an upwards direction towards the tailgate hinges. It should come free. Make sure you have disconnected the boot light first!!

Interestingly my rear wash has just stopped working so it looks as though I'll be doing the same as you in the coming days.

Let us know how you get on.

TheMatador
17-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Ah - that's how you do it then! Thanks for the advice.

I unblocked it with a pin in the end (should've tried that first:aargh4:!!)

But I did notice the boot courtesy light isn't working - hope its just the bulb and I haven't broken that as well!

Is it easy to change?? From what I've seen on this forum of the interior courtesy lights they can be a lot harder than they look...