PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 demister flap motor

plexman
15-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Hi . I have just purchased a " 52" A4 avant. The central demister does not work. I had it checked at Swifts & they said it needs a new flap motor installing which requires removing the dashboard & a lot of labour . I just windered if anybody had ever had similar probs & should i let Swifts sort it out or go the Audi dealers. Thanks - John .

andy5468
16-12-2007, 12:40 PM
i had exactly the same problem on my a4 2002 and was told the same thing when i rang the audi garage for advice.
Big job he said to remove dashboard for access but i then discovered all you need do is remove the glovebox(4 screws) and this gives access to all the heater motors and flaps.
In my case i was able to push the top lever arm(widscreen demist flap) whilst turning the demister button on and off and it started working.
Whichever way i would recommend you try this first as it took me about 20 minutes and cost nothing!
Audi probably wanted to charge me about £600 for this??

plexman
16-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Hi Andy. Thanks for that very helpful information. I will certainly give it a go & see if it sorts out the problem. Cheers

xenon
16-12-2007, 10:39 PM
If it is just the motor that's not working then just remove the glovebox and you'll find 3 motors on the right. The demister flap is the one in the middle (looking from top to bottom).
If the flap itself is broken, which is unlikely then the dashboard will have to be taken apart! It's almost certainly or motor, or potentiometer problem. To check the operation of the motor once you've removed it, apply +12V across pins 5 and 6. The motor will run to it's stop, if you reverse the polarity the motor will run in the other direction.
Hope this helps.

mluton
16-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Also resetting the flap motors can cure the problem.

plexman
17-12-2007, 12:55 AM
Yhanks again for all the helpful advice. Hopefully armed with this knowledge I might be able to sort it out myself. all the best - John

RickT
17-12-2007, 12:58 AM
Yhanks again for all the helpful advice. Hopefully armed with this knowledge I might be able to sort it out myself. all the best - John

#

let us know how you get on... also on VAG-COm you can do a flap test..

Rick

Eshrules
17-12-2007, 02:56 AM

if you need a play with vagcom or need an output test doing and you're pretty local, drop me a pm and i'll sort you out :beerchug:

geoff eeles
10-11-2015, 02:12 AM
Hello, I have recently got an A4 tdi 2004 and scanned it. it said
"01809 - Actuating Motor for Temperature Flap; Left (V158)
41-10 - Blocked or No Voltage - Intermittent"
Is this the same problem as in this thread?

IS there a DIY/HOW to guide to show me how to take out glovebox and replace motor etc.
And the procedure for resetting it with VCDS?

THanks

Gazwould
10-11-2015, 08:10 AM
It's only a problem if the flap is stuck in the closed position not allowing outside air to be drawn in .