PDA

View Full Version : RCD 300 - CD Problem

chrisefc
15-12-2007, 09:54 AM
I've just been playing a mix cd in my Passat and was suprised to find that after every track it stops then starts the next track rather than the seamless flow it should be. I know this is something that can be remidied on iPods but can it be sorted on the RCD 300?

orangezorki
15-12-2007, 10:11 AM
It's probably the CD, not the car. Go to the preferences in iTunes, then the advanced and burning sections, then select no gaps between tracks.

David.

chrisefc
15-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Funnily enough it's the actual cd not the ipod. When I play it through the ipod it's fine but when I had the cd it has gaps??? I'll stick to suing the ipod from now on!

orangezorki
15-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Funnily enough it's the actual cd not the ipod.

Precisely - look in the burning preferences in iTunes and I'll bet it's set to add a 2 second gap between tracks.

David.

boofont
03-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Mine, does the same, I'm not happy. :(

Just to correct orangezorki, this is a continuous mix cd not a rip on to an ipod. The cd should play with no gaps however the RCD300 stops at one track then starts at the next! Crap!

orangezorki
04-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Mine, does the same, I'm not happy. :(

Just to correct orangezorki, this is a continuous mix cd not a rip on to an ipod. The cd should play with no gaps however the RCD300 stops at one track then starts at the next! Crap!

Sorry, I thought that you had ripped the tracks to iTunes and then burned a mix CD from it.

David.

djsky
04-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Well, just to add my 2p worth... It's hard to find MP3 players (CD and Flash/harddrive) that play mp3's one after the other without a gap.

I'm a DJ myself and have had many players. So the RCD300 probably does have a gap between MP3 tracks...

HOWEVER, if it's a proper Audio CD, then it will not have a Gap, UNLESS the CD has been burnt as Orangezorki suggests... with the 2second gap in place. Uncheck the 2second gap box, or look for a setting that says "Disc at Once".

As for mp3's, the only way i believe, is by using some form of editing program, so merge each track and save t as one complete hour or so long track.... but then you'll have to fast forward through.

On another note, i've heard the PS3 is good at playing mp3's continuously with very little gap.

x_galla
13-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Have a look at these posts....

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=37097 and http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=29331