PDA

View Full Version : 80tdi pump problem?

jackthedigger
14-12-2007, 12:53 AM
Hi, just found ou about this site today!:beerchug: Looks brilliant so far.
Anybody come across the problem with a 94 80tdi with fueling?
I've been told that the reason my tdi's fuel is intermittent resulting in a very jerky drive is due to a malfunctioning pump.:zx11: Well, I've changed all the filters,air valve,cam belt (it needed that doing anyhow) but can't get rid of this jerky ride. Comes and goes-drop the throttle on the floor and it clears sometimes, or it'll decide to get worse and shake my teeth out! Seriously it's that bad. weather doesn't seem to affect it.
Goes well on the motorway over 80.Should add that I've had it superchipped to 122bhp :aargh4:(from an original 90) but the problem didn't crop up until at least 18 moths late so can't really point the finger at that. goes well thou for an 80!-Front tyres take some punishment admittedly but that's because the turbo kicks in really sharply.
Oh, and while on the subject of turbo's-the bloody thing whistles like mad-been doing this for over a year now and I've been told that it's just telling me it is about to self distruct but still it keeps going-kinda getting used to the whistle these days!
Look forward to hearing from you guys...Safe driving!
regards
Jack

RickT
17-12-2007, 01:11 AM
Hello and Welcome to the forum!

Drop a post into our Audi 80 section for further help

Rick