PDA

View Full Version : Creaky drivers seat on cornering/accelerating!!!!!!

s21deg
13-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Mk5Golf 1.9TDI - On cornering and accelerating my drivers seat creaks! really anoying! Anyone any ideas on how to stop this? I fixed the creaky console between the seats by jamming a box of 9v batteries between the seat and the console!!
Any help much appreciatede,

MalcQV
14-12-2007, 11:00 AM
My Passat sort of does it but not very often. I find that certain positions i.e the seat on the rail, make it worse. I just move the seat a notch back/forward and all is well.

I guess you do have to be comfortable mind. Do a search on creaking seats on here I am sure there are some [better] remedies.

My dash seems to have just started creaking so off I go looking....

adstalker
14-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Mk5Golf 1.9TDI - On cornering and accelerating my drivers seat creaks! really anoying! Anyone any ideas on how to stop this? I fixed the creaky console between the seats by jamming a box of 9v batteries between the seat and the console!!
Any help much appreciatede,

Do you have the 3 or 5 door Golf?

s21deg
15-12-2007, 05:57 AM
5 Door.

adstalker
15-12-2007, 04:49 PM
The reason I asked is that I have the 3 door with the tilt and slide front seats. One someone had got in or out of the back, my drivers seat used to creak if I didn't slide the seat back properly and make sure that the seat clicked in properly when I tilted it back. With you having the 5 door this wont apply to you. Sorry I couldn't be of any help.

Nicks
15-12-2007, 09:04 PM
yo!!

i've just bought a mk5 gti and the front passenger seat makes noises but I haven't picked it up yet, so it should be sorted when i do. but it looks like this is a common problem! looks like vw have cut a few corners again....