PDA

View Full Version : h reg coupe service light

pubuk
27-09-2006, 10:38 AM
hi as a new member first let me say what a great site .secondly a problem i have purchased a 1991 2.0 ltr coupe and i am having problems with the service light does any one know how to reset the light on the dash it has only done 120k and my intention is to run as a second/weekend car but this is annoying me :confused: i would be grate ful for any help with this .

dgh938peg
27-09-2006, 10:14 PM
That's a new one on me? i was not aware the Coupes had a service light and I have a Coupe also. 16v version and ran it for about 25k miles. I did my own servicing then and was not aware of any service light? are you sure it's not an engine management light?

Cheers, Audimandan :confused:

On the other hand - maybe a previous owner removed the bulb! but this is/was my 4th 80 series car

pubuk
28-09-2006, 12:39 PM
youre quite right in my haste of getting the car it is the engine managment light.contacted the previuos owner the light has always been on .he says its a wiring fault not a problem will get my hand dirty this weekend and sort it out thanks for the help

dgh938peg
28-09-2006, 01:12 PM
That's good to know. Not on an Audi but a Vauxhall, I had the light come on and purely because of dirty connections to the ECU. I am unsure where the ECU is but on the Coupe (never had the problem) but it's probably worth cleaning the contacts with some electrical contact cleaner.

Audimandan :beerchug: