PDA

View Full Version : Battery replacement on '99 A4

wanstronian
27-09-2006, 08:46 AM
Hi,

I need to replace the battery on my 1999 A4 2.5 TDI. Are there any start-up checks to be carried out once the new battery is in? The thing that springs to mind, for example, is whether I'll need to re-sync my key fob with the alarm. I wouldn't know how to do this!

Thanks in advance for any info

sanstorm999
27-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Hi
If it helps, I have replaced the Battery in my A4 (Petrol) and found the only thing that needed resetting was the Clock and possibly the radio code (can not remember doing this though). So make sure you have the radio key code to hand just in case.

The key fob is definately not effected by a battery replacement in my experience as it is programmed into the permanent rom (read only memory) of the controller.

Hope this helps!

S9 :D

onzarob
27-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Ther are a few procedures after disconnecting the battery which are detailed in the owners manual. I read them the other night. The one touch operation on the windows won't work until they have been fully opened the closed. The first time you start you need to leave the key in for longer before starting it. and the obvious radio code.

Thats all from memory, I will check if I made a mistake and correct tonight after looking in the Owners Manual again.

Rob :D