PDA

View Full Version : any one changed a haeter matrix?

chrispey
26-09-2006, 06:43 PM
how do i change my heater matrix? which side to i go in from?
cheers

konrad96
27-09-2006, 04:57 PM
big job. You need to take out the entire dashboard. Start with the handbrake surround console, then the centre console, then the vents/radio/heater controls, then take of the steering wheel and remove the instrument panel. Glove box and the panel under the steering wheel next, then its only two bolts on either side of the dash - lift out the entire dash. The heater assembly is black, and the matrix is inside it.

it takes about two days, if you're going slowly like i was. Just be careful about connectors behind the instruments etc. Most have lock tabs to pull up.

good luck!

chrispey
27-09-2006, 08:21 PM
cheers mate might cave and get the garage to do it .

konrad96
28-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Don't let me put you off, it isn't actually difficult, it just takes some time to do. Having done it once, I'd be dead confident about doing it again. Use pliers to pull off the heater controls (cardboard to protect the plastic), same thing with the three centre vents, then unscrew the heater control panel. Undo the four nuts at each corner of the centre panel which will then pull out. Once you've done that you're halfway there. The only things to remember are to make sure you set all your heater controls to the same setting, so that you can put them back the same way, and to not pull anything off too violently - if it doesn't clip off first time, there'll probably be a reason.

also a garage will probably charge you at least eight hours labour...

chrispey
28-09-2006, 04:40 PM
was thinking about it on the way home today i reckon i'll do it meself cheers for the advice.

paul20v
01-10-2006, 01:47 PM
hi dont forget the 2 10mm nuts under the bonnet and you can slid the heater box out :D i took the front seats out to it made removing dash easier

chrispey
07-10-2006, 06:14 PM
cheers guys got me new heater matrix hot air in me car no longer stinks off coolant great.:Blush: