PDA

View Full Version : ALL HELP NEEDED........overheating

neilcowhey
12-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Mk3 Jetta/vento. new thermostat, thermoswitch, head gasket, new exhaust gasket and new seals. new oil filter and new ditributor cap, plugs and oil and water. STILL OVERHEATING and yep the water pump still works only thing is i havent seen the radiaitor fans on ever. takes three minutes to overheat and i'm on the freaking edge. PLEASE WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG!

bora(ing) nick
12-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Firstly, welcome to the forum....

Can you see the water returning into the coolant resovior (sp?). sounds to me like the water pump, or a blockage in the system pipes somewhere, checked matrix??? radiator???

You say it takes three mins to overheat? coolant is definately not circulating.. Have you checked the pipes coming off of the bottom of the radiator when it overheats?? (careful ;) )

Nick

neilcowhey
12-12-2007, 07:51 PM
:aargh4: can hear a wooshing sound in the radiator top hose gonna put more water in, what is the most effective way of getting airlock out? many thanks for the quick reply earlier also.

bora(ing) nick
12-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Flush the system..and let the coolant run around the engine for a while with the collant cap off.... any air should escape through there.

Nick

neilcowhey
12-12-2007, 08:23 PM
CHEERS:beerchug:. that has helped, bloody freezing in wales mind. Have got cold water all through radiator when all other hoses are quite warm! think its a ******* radiator core. all that work and its the bloody radiator. :zx11:

bora(ing) nick
12-12-2007, 08:27 PM
I live in manchester, but i'm working away on Anglesey (RAF Valley) so yeah.... i know it's freezing in wales.... lol

Glad it helped

Nick