PDA

View Full Version : 1997 Audi A3 - Strange Beeping

richiedc
12-12-2007, 03:03 PM
I hope someone can enlighten me.

My 1997 Audi 1.8 A3 makes a strange beeping noise (similar to an old 80s digital watch alarm but single beeps) and this beep only happens at the following time.

1) When I am at the bottom of the blackwall tunnel in London

It does also happen at other random times, however this blackwall tunnel beeping is regular as clockwork. Of note the blackwall tunnel is s steepish decent and then a rise up the other side.

My thoughts are.. is this.

1) Some kind of sensor that tells the A3 it is at some angle
2) Some kind of "radio out of frequency" warning... (although it happens at other times)
3) All in my head and I am insane

Please help

Richie

lesleyselby
30-12-2007, 04:23 PM
I hope someone can enlighten me.

My 1997 Audi 1.8 A3 makes a strange beeping noise (similar to an old 80s digital watch alarm but single beeps) and this beep only happens at the following time.

1) When I am at the bottom of the blackwall tunnel in London

It does also happen at other random times, however this blackwall tunnel beeping is regular as clockwork. Of note the blackwall tunnel is s steepish decent and then a rise up the other side.

My thoughts are.. is this.

1) Some kind of sensor that tells the A3 it is at some angle
2) Some kind of "radio out of frequency" warning... (although it happens at other times)
3) All in my head and I am insane

Please help

Richie

Hi, I think I have a similar problem - did you get a solution? I am looking after my brothers Audie A3 for 6 months and it has started beeping - like a digital radio alarm noise, it does it about every hour - 6 or so beeps - if I unlock the car it stops, and when it does it again I lock it and it stops. what is going on? Can you help.

Lesley

richiedc
30-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Lesley, no response. It is about 6 single beeps half a second apart. I dont lock my doors when driving so I dont think thats it.. seems to happen when the cars at an angle...

most strange!

Crasher
30-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Where in the car is the noise coming from? Is it possible it has a tracker?

lesleyselby
31-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Hi
Drove me to distraction yesterday so took it into garage this morning, apparently it is the back up battery to the alarm and the noise is not actually the alarm its the car horn. Will cost £70 for replacement and 2 hours labour so about £290 altogether.

Thanks for your reply, have a good New Year!#
Lesley

CARPY25
07-01-2008, 08:21 PM
have you checked your oil , it sounds like the oil pressure bleeper going off , when the oils a little low if you go down or up steep hills or corner quickly you can sometimes uncover the oil pump pick up causing oil stavation and the low oil pressure buzzer/bleeper to go off when the oil recovers the pick up it stops

Rob

flyboy1950
15-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Lesley, did you have the car repaired, and if so, has it resolved the problem. I have exactly the same symptoms, but am slightly confused over which part is at fault - the alarm or the siren - or are they the same thing.

MickCheese
16-01-2008, 04:36 PM
I had the same happen to me as I entered the Blackwall Tunnel yesterday.

I thought it came from the radio and was either the RDS or the traffic updates being out of range.

Mick

mlawson707
22-01-2008, 01:14 AM
Have you tried holding down the TP button on the stereo? mine does this every now and again! solved it by doing this, it only happens when i have it on a certain radio station....i think it was KISS 100!?!

:confused: