PDA

View Full Version : B6 Wiper Refills

gazza007
12-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Has anybody replaced their blades yet (Front & Back). Can't seem to find a source for them on Net. Fitting advice would be apreciated too.

iaint
12-12-2007, 09:25 AM
I bought both from the dealers. The fronts were about £23 a pair and the rear was £5.63.

I couldn't find them in the usual places and only asked the dealer as a last resort expecting them to be very expensive. I used to buy Bosch on my previous car and they were about £22 a pair from Halfords so I was surprised at the dealer cost.

The fronts are very easy to fit, if you look at the large black block where the arms meet the blades, you will see a button. Push that button and they'll slide apart.

The rears aren't so obvious. If you take hold of the very end of arm (the part that pivots) and slide it towards outer tip of the wiper blade then it will release the blade. Fit the new blade and then slide it back into place to hold it.

Cheers
Iain

GilesC
12-12-2007, 09:30 PM
I have bought 2 sets of refill blades from e-bay @ £10 for a pair. Dead easy to fit as well. Recommended:Blush:

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/jade_50323

gazza007
13-12-2007, 08:28 AM
Cheers Guy's, I'll get a pair at that price.

claranet
14-12-2007, 12:47 AM
I bought both from the dealers. The fronts were about £23 a pair and the rear was £5.63.

I couldn't find them in the usual places and only asked the dealer as a last resort expecting them to be very expensive. I used to buy Bosch on my previous car and they were about £22 a pair from Halfords so I was surprised at the dealer cost.

The fronts are very easy to fit, if you look at the large black block where the arms meet the blades, you will see a button. Push that button and they'll slide apart.

The rears aren't so obvious. If you take hold of the very end of arm (the part that pivots) and slide it towards outer tip of the wiper blade then it will release the blade. Fit the new blade and then slide it back into place to hold it.

Cheers
Iain
I wish I could remember where I got the ones for my B5 from apart from the fact that it was on Ebay. It may have even been GSF., the wipers on both cars are very similar.

BTW: to get the wipers in the 'service' position on the B6 switch the IGN on then off then give the wiper stalk one shot; this will get the wiper arms so that you can lift the wipers off the screen. It is impossible to change the wipers other wise because the bonnet gets in the way !

gazza007
11-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Got round to fitting the refills yesterday. Once removed from the car you need to pry the top end cap off with a screwdriver. There is a metal clip bit that grabs the rubber, you need to lift this with small scewdriver blade,. The rubber should then pull out, cut the new one to size & replace. I also did the rear with part of the old N/S rubber, slightly different method but you will work it out. Big improvement now with visibility. Next job is to fit the Philips X-treme H7's and sidelights.

Stuart W
27-03-2008, 04:36 AM
BTW: to get the wipers in the 'service' position on the B6 switch the IGN on then off then give the wiper stalk one shot; this will get the wiper arms so that you can lift the wipers off the screen. It is impossible to change the wipers other wise because the bonnet gets in the way !

The blades can in fact be quite easily changed with the wipers in the normal position; just lift them up slightly off the screen, press the little button and there should be sufficent room to remove them.

At least that's how it worked on mine - the old blades slipped off easily and the new ones were equally straightforward. If you have any problems getting them on/off then it may be easier to get the arms into the service position as described by claranet.