PDA

View Full Version : Euro tail lights

dirtdude3g
12-12-2007, 02:39 AM
I'm have a 1996 vw golf and im looking to buy euro tail lights but they all seem to have different harness then the factory lights. Please help me out on either changing the harnesses or do i have the wrong lights here is an example of what im talking about these are on ebay with a whole different harness
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-98-VW-Golf-III-MK3-Crystal-Chrome-Housing-Tail-Light_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33716QQihZ023QQit emZ360003033452QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
any help would be appreciated
Thanks,
Greg:1zhelp:

19-12-2007, 09:24 PM
weird eh!!!!! sitting there reading posts and suddenly it dawns, i know i am dragging this post out of the past but made sense now as i bought some FK german angel eyes for my golf and they did not have any back plates on the units when i contacted FK, the guy on the phone said in rather bad english (better than my german may i add) that they did not supply spares so i went an internet trawl and came across that too fit these units to american golf you would need a euro spec mount and adaptors which was a handsome price may i add so an intelligent guess would say that the same is required for the rear euro spec lights as different connections and spec so in short i would say that have a good nosey on the net if you want these fitted before you part with your money as that bargain may not be just so?????
sticky;)