PDA

View Full Version : Battery fell out :-(

chegers
11-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Unfortuantly on my Golf MK2 the battery decided to fall out and land on the gear box.
Luckily the positive terminal did not ground its self and the gearbox caught the battery :-)
When the battery is secured it slides from left to right but not up and down, there is a little clip that goes over one bottom edge keeping (or trying) to keep it secure.
Is there something missing here? im guessing so beacuse im pretty sure a loose battery is a MOT failure.

Regards

Crasher
12-12-2007, 12:01 AM
The battery is secured by the front clamp only after it engages in the rear channel, I think you will find that your battery is the wrong one as they need deeper base ridges to engage in the rear channel, it is a common problem. Most batteries have holes in the lower ridges to take extension stripes.

chegers
12-12-2007, 01:18 AM
I supose i better go and get a new battery, i have just had a look at it and it would seem the cooling fan has eaten a chunk of the casing and it looks a little thin now lol.

:-D

Isoproturon
12-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Just so you are aware, an insecure battery is an offence carrying 3 points and £60 fine.

chegers
12-12-2007, 12:05 PM
oh dear... i better go get that sorted today.
Id rather pay £60 for a correct fitment battery than let it go to our corrupt government.