PDA

View Full Version : DIS on board computer

dompai
11-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Hi

Just purchased an A4 avant 56plate. We drove one on a test drive and the salesperson showed us the on board computer within the DIS. We eventually settled on a particular colour etc so the salesperson mangaed to obtain one from another Audi franchise. Really like the car as it has a bonus of the 6cd in the head unit (which we did not know about) so well cool. Now the question - is it possible to have the DIS but no on board computer ie we do not have the button etc on the wiper stalk like the one we test drove? Curiousity more than anything as i much prefer the 6cd cahnger than the how many miles per gallon have i done

Cheers

Stuart

markle
11-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Congratulations on the new car. I test drove two A4 Avants recently, one an SE and one an S-line, the information system in the center looked exactly the same on both of them, but only one was a full DIS with on board computer. The only difference noticable to my humble eyes was the buttons to change the display were missing. The salesperson confirmed it did not have the on board computer. So sounds like you do not have the full on board computer.

dompai
11-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Cheers Markle that clears that up - it was more curiousity than anything - nothing a trip counter and calculator couldn't help with !! as i said got the bonus of the cd changer which I did not know about. another thing i noticed after tonight (only had the car 1 day) - should have got it in the summer - could have more fun on the road with it !! :biglaugh:

off to find the ipod connector now

cheers once again