PDA

View Full Version : Lumpy Smokey and Smelly !!

acguildford
11-12-2007, 08:52 PM
I hope someone can help me on this one...

I am new and dont have much to do with the mechanics of the car. Recently my mpg fell through the floor and along with the price increase (robbing filth) I am getting just 72 miles on £20 worth of fuel.

My dad has a mate who is a mechanic and owns a Mk2 Golf. He replaced an Oxygen sensor but thats made no difference.

When I occassionally (ahem) need to boot it in second gear all I see is smoke in my rear view mirror. And every now and again i get this pong inside the car which smells foul...When the car is at idle it sounds like its going to stall but thankfully it doesn't.

I bought this car in August from a trader and it had 50k on the clock and a full VW service history. It also had a new air meter put in by the VW dealer at 41k miles ago (March 2005)

Its a VW Golf 2.0GTI 8V and after a promising start I am now far from impressed. Any advice from users out there that have had similar frustrations will be most welcome so that when I take it to a mechanics he will at least know I have done my research and he will be less inclined to rip me off.

:beerchug: Guys!