PDA

View Full Version : vw passat estate central arm rest

cal1664
11-12-2007, 07:44 PM
hello i am a complete new member to the site and have recently purchased a 56 model vw passat estate s series. Although it does not come fitted with a central arm rest i would like to attain one and get it fitted. I have heard that i can get a retro fit or order the complete componants from vw and get fitted paid for by the hour at £100.00. The complete cost will be approx £500.00-£600.00 can anyone give their advice on this matter and possibly advise me on how to retain the dignity of the car but approaach in a different way........your thoughts would be appreciated.

petera1979
12-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Im in the same situation as you.

You probably got the S version like I have. I am actually getting an armrest fitted to my car. Its costing me £520 from VW in Southgate.

Its alot of money but I do alot of driving and I feel more relaxed with one. It doesn't feel right without one there.

gazza007
12-12-2007, 09:14 AM
I'd love one too, especially after having one in the Alhambra but can't really justify that amount of money for the miles I do. I think parking sensors would be on my wish list first.

petera1979
12-12-2007, 10:24 AM
I'd love one too, especially after having one in the Alhambra but can't really justify that amount of money for the miles I do. I think parking sensors would be on my wish list first.

I think it all depends on how much driving you do. See how you get along. I just feel naked though without an arm rest though lol.:biglaugh:

Im looking at some nice RS4 18inch for my next purchase!