PDA

View Full Version : sat nav

audi_bob
25-09-2006, 12:08 PM
i all, looking at getting myself a sat nav device. kinda got it down to the tomtom go510 or the Road Angel Nav6000, anyone ahd any expeince with either good or bad would like some help. cheers all.

Sam
25-09-2006, 03:26 PM
TomTom GO user since the first release - no problems at all, totally recommend it.

Have a look at www.pocketgpsworld.com for unbiased reviews though

Huweth
25-09-2006, 07:41 PM
I got an N35 from Acer. It's a PDA with sat nav. Comes with Windows, Media Player, Sat nav software etc... Was only £220! Its a bargain as you can use it for road navigation, as an MP3 player, video player, for keeping notes on, surfing the net, and if you get Multimap you can use it to navigate when you are walking instead of an Ordinance survey map.

I wouldn't bother with a dedicated Sat Nav unit, they're over priced and offer less flexibility... Get a PDA with satnav.

audi_bob
26-09-2006, 10:47 PM
PDA, another thing to look at, aaaaaaaaaaargh. thanks tho dont want to spend the money on a white heffalump! anyone else for their view??

cheers

MalcQV
28-09-2006, 12:48 PM
Not got one my self but just had the use of a company one for a day. It was a Tom Tom 300 I think.

Nothing but praise for it, the John Cleese voice made it quite funny too.

Thought alot about getting portable sat nav. It all comes down to personal preference as these things tend to, but I would get a dedicated Sat Nav as I personally have no use for a PDA. I prefer to keep the office in the office :approve:

audi_bob
28-09-2006, 05:09 PM
tomtom go 510 it is. with added remote control. It should come on firday and I will post a little review after a few days in case anyone else is interested. Only thing I would like to say at his point is, I nearly bought a 700 series, which is the OLD stlye, watch out fof that. 510 710 is the latest design with the 16:9 wide screen. ( i say wide, 4 inches!)

The pda seems like a good idea, if you also have use for a pda, but i couldnt justify it. stay tuned.
cheers

spacekid
06-12-2006, 01:03 PM
I just had Retro fitted to my Brand New RS4 Sat/Nav System from www.satnavsystems.com.
These guys are very quick and professional. I just had new system fitted within 48 hours for £1199 plus VAT. A qualified Audi engineer come to my house installed, programmed and coded everything to factory spec. with latest VAS-5053 Original Audi Diagnostic Tool.
This guys are not the cheapest, but they are the only in the UK who offer a full 12 months warranty on parts and labor with qualified Audi engineer. I have done a research for almost a month before I found SatNav System.com -in the end my local Audi Dealer has recommended me to them.
I have spent almost £60k on my car and did not want some cowboy’s to damage my beauty!!
My full recommendation to all of you!!!
RS4 - Sapcekid

P.S.
They offer VW Original Sat Nav Units too.