PDA

View Full Version : Concert II and IPod Adapter

jonpol
11-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Hi Everyone. I'm new to Audi and this forum so hopefully someone will be able to help me.
I have recently bought an A3 Sportback diesel (170) and was given an audi ipod adapter to fit to the stereo. After loads of searching around the internet, I have discovered that the stereo is a concert II (even though the stereo just says concert).
I'm guessing the pin configuration for the cd changer on the concert II is different as the stereo in my car has 12 pins (in 2 rows of 6). The ipod adapter has 8 pins (2 rows of 3 and a centre row of 2) so I guess I have the wrong one??:confused:
Can anyone tell me whether I can buy a cable to fit this to the stereo or do I have to buy a whole new kit??
Thanks for any help:D

prolfe
12-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Hi Everyone. I'm new to Audi and this forum so hopefully someone will be able to help me.
I have recently bought an A3 Sportback diesel (170) and was given an audi ipod adapter to fit to the stereo. After loads of searching around the internet, I have discovered that the stereo is a concert II (even though the stereo just says concert).
I'm guessing the pin configuration for the cd changer on the concert II is different as the stereo in my car has 12 pins (in 2 rows of 6). The ipod adapter has 8 pins (2 rows of 3 and a centre row of 2) so I guess I have the wrong one??:confused:
Can anyone tell me whether I can buy a cable to fit this to the stereo or do I have to buy a whole new kit??
Thanks for any help:D

Sounds like you just need the cable. Now i'm not sure how much this will cost.

The Concert II does indeed just say Concert on the front. They changed it for 2007 so that we get a credit card slot instead of a cup holder. This all now sits below the stereo and not above.

You'll enjoy the 170 immensely. The oil consumption less so. 507.00 only and "only in exceptional circumstances should 505.00 be used, and even then only 0.5L"

I get through about a litre every 7000 miles @ £14 or so a litre.

I've done 25k since 1st feb from new, so if you have any questions then please just ask.

Welcome by the way, you'll enjoy it in here.

jonpol
12-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks Prolfe. I'll speak with my local dealer and see whether they can offer a suitable cable.

The 170 is the most fabulous car I have driven - Only had it 6 weeks and already completed 6k glorious miles in it. Sounds as though I need to get ready for some more oil......

prolfe
13-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Thanks Prolfe. I'll speak with my local dealer and see whether they can offer a suitable cable.

The 170 is the most fabulous car I have driven - Only had it 6 weeks and already completed 6k glorious miles in it. Sounds as though I need to get ready for some more oil......

That's why they give you top up oil in a little velcro'd bag thing.

As soon as the light comes on stop immediately and top her up.

Ideally you should check the oil now and again so that the light will never come on.

britcay
03-01-2008, 10:27 PM
talking of oil usage mine went thru shedloads in it's first year, then oddly this just stopped happening - no idea why, but it's been fairly full for the last year and 12-15k miles!

incidentally is it just me or is that dipstick awful to read?

love my car, hate my dipstick ;)

prolfe
06-01-2008, 09:47 PM
talking of oil usage mine went thru shedloads in it's first year, then oddly this just stopped happening - no idea why, but it's been fairly full for the last year and 12-15k miles!

incidentally is it just me or is that dipstick awful to read?

love my car, hate my dipstick ;)

dipstick is ruuuuuuuuuuuuubish.

all those millions on R&D and they give the dipstick an afterthought.