PDA

View Full Version : ERG Valve

tullysaran
11-12-2007, 10:21 AM
:beerchug:
Hi

I was running low on fuel on saturday past, car was starting to cut out on way to petrol station, this has happened before, but once i refuelled, she went fine. So i thought just get her filled up and ill be away. Someone had said it is probably just a bit of dirt from the tank, when she is so low getting picked up into the filter.
However, once i filled her on saturday, she kept losing power, and stalling on junctions and hills. It is about a 10 mile drive home from the petrol staion, but she was still going like a pig. Decided better call to local mechanic. He took her out for spin and said 'oh ****'. he pulle dher over, popped the bonnett, and disconnected pipe from ERG valve. We jumped back in and she went like a dream. He got back to his gargae and put a bolt in the pipe.

Now he said to bring her back this Friday, though i have no price of him yet for the job. Reading some info online, it seems it may not be necessary to change this valve. Is this the case? Can the valve be cleaned? Can you use a second hand part? How much is a new part, and how much would it cost to change. What is a fair price?

She is also due a service. What should a standard service include? just changing the oil and replacing filters? Is there 4 filters that need changing?