PDA

View Full Version : MK3 1.8 ABS emissions?

BugsyMalone666
11-12-2007, 12:29 AM
so i was down my mechanics today and we plugged my car into his kit to check it over before its MOT in a month and the CO2 was around 0.30% at minium mostly fluctuating between 0.33%-0.43%, apparently for the MOT it should be about 0.20% to pass?

any ideas what could be wrong?

last MOT which was early jan emissions were 0.19% so it was fine no problems. since Jan up until sept I drove it and drove it, come sept I did a full service cambelt/plugs/oil etc and had to reset the timing to arround 6deg BTDC as it was slightly out, then a month ago I broke down when my coil packed up completely and the RAC man tested my car by making the hall sensor trigger to check for spark and being an SPi it squirted fuel in, would any of this effect emissions?

im currious as it seems only a tiny amount its out but i`d like to have it right before the MOT.

Driver1.8
14-12-2007, 05:45 PM
:aargh4:Having had a very similar situation with my 1.8 driver ADZ until MOT 3 days ago suggest the lamda sensor, mine was fine last year at MOT but over the limit this year. Could be down to just wear and tear or possibly that petrol incident during the year?