PDA

View Full Version : Golf MK4 GT TDI switching off.....???

precision AV
24-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Hey all... New to the site and hope to be of help and assistance when I can!!!

But.. my car is playing up... it keeps on cutting out and then when trying to start it, the diesel glow plug light is not on and the car refuses to start... BUT once it totally cools down it start and runs until it warms up.

Can any one help.

Regards,

Neil

adamss24
05-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Hey all... New to the site and hope to be of help and assistance when I can!!!

But.. my car is playing up... it keeps on cutting out and then when trying to start it, the diesel glow plug light is not on and the car refuses to start... BUT once it totally cools down it start and runs until it warms up.

Can any one help.

Regards,

Neil
change relay 109 and all should go back to normal. it powers up the ecu and its known for breaking internally so when hot it cuts power to ecu and the engine stalls. when cool everything works as it should. hope this helps.

precision AV
07-10-2006, 11:34 AM
change relay 109 and all should go back to normal. it powers up the ecu and its known for breaking internally so when hot it cuts power to ecu and the engine stalls. when cool everything works as it should. hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.. It was the 109 relay which was causing the grief.. I replacsed it a week ago and all seems A1.