PDA

View Full Version : Some pics of my car

Alun
24-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Hi all.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this thread, but I just thought I'd show you all some pics of my car

http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n212/aluntarr/Alun2.jpg

I'd spent all day cleaning and polishing it and thought I'd take a few snaps. Whats peoples views on it?

Maz
17-01-2007, 05:51 PM
the link does not work :-(

Sam
17-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Fixed the link.

Maz
17-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Looking good mate good work

Eshrules
17-01-2007, 09:41 PM
get those bumpers colour coded, will look a different card :beerchug:

Maz
17-01-2007, 10:43 PM
TDi !!!! now that is sexy and economical, nice one

devonutopia
17-01-2007, 11:48 PM
Looks nice. What mods have been done? The exhaust is an obvious one. I'm also guessing at aftermarket wheels and smoked rear lens'

edit: Looks a smidge lower than normal too - springs as well? Eibachs maybe?

Marc97
18-01-2007, 12:10 AM
Skoda jokes will result in a 24 hour ban!

You borrowed Ricks new Mod stick Jason? lol.

Nice Golf, just the right touches, nothing too lairy, nice.

Welcome to the forum mate.

devonutopia
18-01-2007, 12:25 AM
You borrowed Ricks new Mod stick Jason? lol.

Nice Golf, just the right touches, nothing too lairy, nice.

Welcome to the forum mate.

Yup. :D Thought I would add an amusing moderator based crack in the signature. Question is, do I ban myself if I come out with any? I know some corkers that might even get me banned. :D

Marc97
18-01-2007, 12:42 AM
I'll ban you for 24hrs if you crack any jokes about your motor mate.
220bhp would sit nice under the bonnet of my 80 :)

NicholasP
18-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Car looks good...I like the minimal approach on those Golfs. I have one too but in green but my alloys aren't as nice.

Like the TDI sign..i debadged the back of mine and am still deciding whether or not to put another badge on the back!

In the meantime, mine got 'Upsoluted' yesterday evening. Its running QUICK

Alun
18-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Looks nice. What mods have been done? The exhaust is an obvious one. I'm also guessing at aftermarket wheels and smoked rear lens'

edit: Looks a smidge lower than normal too - springs as well? Eibachs maybe?

All thats been done is the back box, lowered 40 mm (dutch springs courtesy of volksbit.com), a cone filter for a bit more whistle and some crystal clear front indicators. I'll try and get a link up for some more pics

Alun
18-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Hope this works!

http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n212/aluntarr/?action=view&current=Image041.jpg&slideshow=true&interval=3

If it does it should be a slideshow of about 12 pics

Alun
18-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Car looks good...I like the minimal approach on those Golfs. I have one too but in green but my alloys aren't as nice.

I agree that less is more! If you look carefully the alloys are scuffed to buggery, they were on the car when I bought it (for a measly 650 quid over 12 months ago!), I've never had the time or money to replace them.:(

NicholasP
18-01-2007, 01:18 PM
car looks lovely..ill post some pics of mine later if the dam weather clears up...

How many miles has it done?

Ive changed my headlights and i really feel that made a difference. You'll see in the photos. I have a couple of questions

1) How much were the crystal clear indicators - hard to install?
2) I read that it was not good to lower the golf..something about the suspension system they have...otherwise id do it! Is that correct? How much does it cost to lower it?
3) Also read that by changing the air filter..u risk destroying the MAF sensor...does that make sense? or is that not true?

Nick

Alun
20-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Hi there,

The cars done just under 130,000 miles, it had 104,000 on the clock when I bought it and I've owned the car for about 14 months now. It's been extremely reliable, the only let down I've had was when I first bought the car the battery was duff, but a new battery later and all is well. I replaced the front wishbones around the same time aswell but thats it apart from the normal servicing.

The Crystal Clear front indicators were about 50 quid if I remember correctly courtesy of http://volksbits.com/ . They're pretty simple to fit, they just clip/screw in place. Be careful not to damage them though when fitting as they need a bit of persuasion to clip in. It's actually my second set of the indicators because someone decided to take a shine to my old ones and nicked them!

The cars been lowered for a good 6 months now and I've had no problems whatsoever. If anything it's made the car feel alot more stable and poised as before it was a bit wobbly. And it's on the standard shocks aswell, I just bought the lowering sprigs from volksbits.com for around 80 quid. I fitted them myself to keep the cost down but I imagine if you took it to a garage it would cost in the region of 80 quid for them to be fittted.

As for the MAF sensor, mines not got one! The cars' badged up as a TDi but in actual fact it's the older TD, all mecahnics and no electrics ;)

Alun
20-01-2007, 04:55 PM
2) I read that it was not good to lower the golf..something about the suspension system they have...

For the amount of GTi's that you see out there that have been lowered, it can't be a bad thing.

NicholasP
20-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Cool, Ive sent u a pm!