PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear last night !!

cbrpaul
10-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Was anyone else dissapointed to see the BMW 330d that they bought for £11k with 45k miles on the clock , blow a turbo , Injection pump and a few injectors on last night episode !!!

Ok it was being used as race car , and did have the STIG driving it

But i would have thought german engineering would have coped with that really , guess i was wrong :o

Did you see them work on it !!! complete strip of front end of car , in under 3hrs i believe , BMW say its a 7hr job for their techies to do what had to be done to repair it :aargh4:

Oh and stig was fantastic taking out porches etc,, , would love to know who it was !!!! :D

:beerchug:

bora(ing) nick
10-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Soot chuckers are the way forward!!!

I too would love to know who the stig is..... but Lewis Hamilton is still quicker than him!

I couldn't believe his time the other night.... he is seriously quick!

Nick

southamptonadi
10-12-2007, 04:42 PM
missed it last night will have to watch the rerun but the race highlights was on skysports 2 the other day , the driver hampster took out was extreamly unhappy but the commenter stated that he could not reveal the stigs identity but he was an experianced formula 3 driver
adi

MalcQV
11-12-2007, 01:47 PM
One of the best TG's to date. Fantastic 24hr race. The Stig is very good indeed.

hagis
11-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Was anyone else dissapointed to see the BMW 330d that they bought for £11k with 45k miles on the clock , blow a turbo , Injection pump and a few injectors on last night episode !!!

Ok it was being used as race car , and did have the STIG driving it

But i would have thought german engineering would have coped with that really , guess i was wrong :o

I think a lot of that was down to them using bio-diesel, we've had a few discussions on here about what it can do if it's used with incompatiable engines.

Top episode though!

cbrpaul
11-12-2007, 07:49 PM
I think a lot of that was down to them using bio-diesel, we've had a few discussions on here about what it can do if it's used with incompatiable engines.

ah yes forgot about that DOH !!!!