PDA

View Full Version : 2002 A4 Wiper Arm removal

rockyarsenal
24-09-2006, 08:21 PM
I have corroded wiper arms on my 2002 A4 that i want to repaint.
I cannot get the arms off. I have removed the nuts and have shocked them and sprayed on WD40 but i am worried about being too rough.
Any ideas/suggestions ??:confused:

lbaters
18-12-2006, 11:25 PM
Hi there

I have just removed my wiper arms from an A4 to have them re-powder coated. They were quite difficult to remove. I found a little WD40 on the spline and gentle wobbling they eventually slipped off.

There is a removal tool that Draper do which cost around £12 if you so wish!

What's is the problem with Audi and painting of alloy surfaces!!!

Be careful when removing the wipers as I damaged the plastic clip and may now have to buy a whole new arm?

Hopes this info helps

JR001
19-12-2006, 11:00 PM
I have corroded wiper arms on my 2002 A4 that i want to repaint.
I cannot get the arms off. I have removed the nuts and have shocked them and sprayed on WD40 but i am worried about being too rough.
Any ideas/suggestions ??:confused:

My 2002 A4 also had the arms go white. All I did was give them a rub with some rough then fine sandpaper. Then give them a wash and dry, followed by a single coating of Hammerite External Metal paint. This finishes them off not too bad and is only noticeable upon very close inspection. You may want to add a second coat if needed.

Best of Luck.

RickT
23-12-2006, 01:08 AM
yes Hammerite is the best option on this if you want a quick fix and have a careful hand...

I found the best way was to use WD40 and leave over night and then they just came off..

If you are wanting to replace these..your best going for the B7 aero wipers, loads better and dont that the paint issue...

Cheers

RickT